Open Book

You own everything that happened to you. Tell your stories. If people wanted you to write warmly about them, they should've behaved better.

-Anne Lamott

A lot of people have asked me why I allow our infertility journey to be an open book. Some get upset or disgusted with our story while others are comforted and inspired. My reasons for being open are numerous. The first and most important is that I have a God given desire to share my story. There are times where I wish I had never said a word. Sometimes when criticism from others gets too hard I wish that I had suffered in silence. But then the Lord gently reminds me that this is where I need to be with a simple 'thank you for sharing' from someone who is silently struggling. Secondly, it helps me process and heal from different things I face while experiencing this. Lastely, to help that one person in need, it is worth it all. My story is for you that are struggling minute by minute. You that are afraid to speak up. You that feel that life isn't worth living unless you have a baby. For you that wish change would come about. For you that just need to know you are not alone. You are not alone. I'm here along with many many others facing the same struggles. Together with God we can overcome this and cheer each other on.

Those who may be reading this that don't understand, disagree, are disgusted, or looking for gossip; this is not for you. You will gain nothing from this unless you are reading with an open, pure, compassionate, heart. Remember, that words hurt and actions speak volumes. People will never forget how you made them feel or things you said in the midst of their adversity. If you want to be regarded in a positive manner then behave accordingly.
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment