Introducing Baby Caleb

 Smiling during active labor.  Thank goodness for the epi!
The moment they laid him on my chest for the first time.
 
 




Mommy and her miracle babies!

 Daddy and Caleb

The other birthday boy!
 
"For this child we have prayed and the Lord has granted the desires of our hearts". 
1Samuel 1:27
 
On November 28th (Josh's 28th Birthday) at 10:19am after 30 hours of labor, Caleb Jacob, entered our world!  He weighed in at 9lbs 8oz and 21 1/4inches long.  My parents, my hubby, and my best friend Jesica where all there to welcome this precious little one as he made his debut.  At 4am on Tues morning, active labor began with contractions being extremely painful at 5-7mins apart.  I was actually scheduled for an induction that morning at 7:30am.  After 45mins of timing them we decided to head to the hospital.  On our way, we made a little pit stop at Starbucks.  The guy at the drive through window must have thought we were insane!  Here I'm griping the door handle for dear life as another contraction hits and Josh is laughing while he asks the guy if they have ever had anyone come through the drive through in active labor.  FYI.....  We were the first!  LOL!  After we got our drinks (which by the way I was in too much pain to drink), we speed off to the hospital.  Once we arrived, I was in so much pain I had to grip the rails on the hospital wall just to walk in.  I couldn't help but laugh when a nurse came out to help me asked if I was her induction for that morning and that it looked like I was already in active labor.  I think I was actually laughing through the pain as I walked all the way into labor and delivery.  Thankfully, they took me right in and I was able to get the epi, I think, with in an hour or so of arriving.  We did have a scary moment where I almost had to have a C-section because a part of my cervix wasn't dilating.  Once Wednesday rolled in, one of the OB's that I had been seeing came on duty and examined me.  She said I would be able to push because when a contraction came that part of my cervix that wasn't dilating would disappear during the contraction.  I pushed for almost 3 hours.  It went by so fast.  It didn't feel like that long at all.  Caleb was so big that I tore and had to have an episiotomy(?).  Once I saw him slide out, I was so over the moon in love with him.  I couldn't wait until they placed him on my chest!   

This moment was the 3rd best moment of my life!  The first being my wedding to my hubby, the 2nd Jonah's birth/adoption, and now Caleb's birth.  I can't begin to tell you all how blessed and happy we are!  The moment they laid Caleb on my chest, I felt so overwhelmed by God's mercy and love.  He loved Josh and I so much that he blessed us with the desires of our hearts.  I am so undeserving of this miracle.  I will never be able to thank the Lord enough for my little miracle family.  I also want to thank our donor.  These precious moments would not have been possible if you hadn't allowed God to use you to help others.  May the Lord bless you more than you can ever fathom for this precious gift you have given us. 

I would have posted this sooner, but recovery has been rough.  The last two days are the first days where I haven't been in pain and have been able to sit with out a pillow. Even though it was painful, I found the whole experience beautiful!  I wish I could relive it over and over again.  There's nothing greater than seeing the birth of your child.  The whole time, I kept thinking, I was born to do this.  This is what I have wanted more than anything in my life; to be a mother. 

I hope you all enjoy these few pictures above.  They aren't the greatest.  I hope to post our professional birth pictures after I get them.  They are absolutely beautiful! 

"Delight thyself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart".  Psalm 37:4
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment