Blessed By Adoption

It has been a while since I have blogged about Jonah's adoption.  November is National Adoption Month and soon to be the one year anniversary of our son's adoption finalization on the 21st.  I can't believe it has been a year.  I don't see him as adopted.  I see him as always being apart of our family.  Even as I am carrying our 2nd son, I do not view them differently.  Both are my babies and both of them were especially made just for our family. 

I can't begin to explain how much our family had been blessed by Jonah.  He is such a silly, love able, smart, crazy little kid!  He's the love of our lives.  Here's a little glimpse of how our lives were before him.....  Lonely, empty, filled with unbearable pain.  Seven failed attempts of infertility treatments and 2 miscarriages.  I was lost and broken.  No reason to live.  Every night I would wake up crying because all I wanted was to hear the cry of my newborn baby.  We watched friends and family go on to grow their families.  We were blessed with births of nieces and nephews along the way.  With each new birth I died inside.  All I wanted was one to be mine.  When would it be my turn?  I was determined to never give up.  God had given me this desire and He promised He would full fill our desires.  We prayed and prayed for years.  If I could have physically beat on the gates of Heaven, I would have.  It was if God wasn't listening.  As I sat in my OB's office as she gave me the news that I had lost another baby, strength came straight from the hand of God.  At that point, even though my world was shattered, I knew God had a bigger plan and that something big was about to happen.   Even though things were dark, the Lord was holding each and every tear we shed along the way.  He was preparing us for something bigger and better.  After that day, my husband and I buried our dreams of birthing a child.  Armed with information for an adoption matching ministry from our OB and a close friend, we made the first steps in bringing our son home.  After submitting our profile, three weeks later we were contacted by our birth mother.  A few weeks later, our whole world changed for forever.  When I walked into the delivery room, I saw this naked bundle of thick black hair and chubby legs.  As his tiny fingers closed around mine, I was his.  I'm still his.  I'm his for forever.  Jonah stole our hearts that day.  Since then my heart has been on the mend.  In one night, the brightest joy shone into the darkest, deepest, saddest parts of our lives and the lives of our families.  After years of heartache, God mended it with one tiny little person.

I would never trade any of those years of sadness because if I did, I wouldn't have Jonah.  I can't fathom my life with out him.  He makes me laugh everyday!  Now I spend my days potty training, picking up toys, telling Jonah to use his inside voice, saying goodnight prayers, and getting an endless amount of hugs and kisses.  This is worth it all.  It doesn't matter where he came from.  It doesn't matter that we don't have the same genetics.  He's my son.  Specifically hand crafted by the Lord Most High straight from the throne room of Heaven for our family. 

Jonah Jozias born on March 10, 2010

November 21, 2011 Jonah's Adoption Finalized


Forever Blessed By Adoption
October 2012
 
Saying thank you Lord just doesn't seem adequate in expressing my thankfulness for him, but it's all I have to give.  Thank you Lord for the most precious gift of our son, Jonah.    

 
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment