Sperm In The Spotlight

Over the last few months my husband and I have had a few interviews with various media sources in regards to using private donor sperm for insemination. This is a highly controversial topic in our society today. Not only is it controversial for the nature of infertility, but also for the involvement of the government infringing too much on people's privacy. Along with, the insanely high prices of major sperm banks. We are agreeing to these interviews in hopes that it will keep the FDA from shutting people done like our donor and that it will shed some light on male factor infertility.

Last week we interviewed with an upcoming show this spring for TLC. It's supposed to air sometime in April or May. I'll let everyone know after we are given the exact date. The whole filming process is really fascinating. I can't wait to see it all put together. The filming crew we had from TLC was awesome! We had so much fun hanging out with them for 3 days. After sharing so many of our most private and intament details of our infertility journey with them, it was like they became apart of our family. I just wish I could have given them a positive pregnancy result while they were here. In the middle of filming I started a new cycle. That was such a HUGE bummer! UGH! But thankfully, all of them were so caring and compassionate.

Tonight we were contacted by 60 Minutes Australia Southern Hemisphere. They will be flying out sometime with in the next 10 days or so to interview us. However, this 60 Mins is not aired here in the US. After filming and after they give us a copy of the show, I will post it on here for you all to see.

If you haven't read "The Virgin Father" in the New York Magazine yet, check out the link below. A brief account of our story is located on page 5, I think.

http://nymag.com/news/features/trent-arsenault-2012-2/

Please keep our family in prayer as we venture onto this new journey. I pray that God will give us the words He wants us to speak and that His light will shine through in all of this.
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment