Opinions Are Like Armpits
I have been laughing to myself all day! The reason for it is, thinking about all the people that get in a huff when I talk about infertility! A few months ago I would have been upset over this, but I am now realizing how ignorant people can be. Now there was no recent issue that sparked this, I’ve just been thinking back on a lot of our journey today. I spent so much time stressing over others opinions these last 6 years that it physically put a damper on my health for the rest of my life. So all your worrywarts out there, STOP WORRING or you’ll end up with Meniers or something worse! Please take this advice. It is no joke. I am sitting here trying to fight of a vertigo spell and ringing in my ears that was all caused by years of extreme stress. As my husband always tells me, “Opinions are like arm pits, they all stink”. LOL!
I often get misunderstood in my writings on infertility. Some think that I am not grateful for my son or that I don't love him as much because we do not share any common genetics. Well, that is so far from the truth! Jonah is my world! I can't imagine my life with out him. If I had to go back through every miscarriage, legal battle, heartache, and more, I would do it in a second just to have him in my life. When I look at Jonah, I see him as my own! God made him just for Josh and I. Infertility is a daily battle that I will face for the rest of my life. It is the path the Lord has set my feet on. If genetics were an issue for us, we wouldn’t have done some of the infertility procedures that we did. With those procedures there were no common genetics shared. Someday I’ll give my testimony on that, but today’s not that day. There are some of you out there that won’t be able to handle that. For those that want to read about our entire journey you’ll have to wait until I’m finished writing my book. With a toddler at home, that might take me a while…
For anyone that has lost a child in anyway should be able to understand my grief over my two babies. They will be my babies forever and I love them just as much as I love Jonah. Just because I grieve them and struggle with infertility does not mean that I love my son any less. As I have said before, carrying a pregnancy to term is on my bucket list. It is something that I want to experience. Some people want to try sky diving (I could NEVER do that, why in the world would you jump out of a perfectly good plain? Crazy!), some want to climb mountains, and then there’s me who just wants to carry a pregnancy. I have always wanted a large family. Josh and I have plans on adopting again along with trying the route of infertility. It doesn’t matter how our family is created. Goodness, anything created by God is perfect so I don’t see how we could go wrong with it!
No comments:
Post a Comment