"Hope and Faith"

"Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul and sings the tune with out words and never stops at all" -Emily Dickinson

Emily Dickinson is one of my favorite poets, Robert Frost being my most favorite. I had never heard this quote of hers before until I saw an episode of Criminal Minds last night. This quote really hit home with me especially after all we have been through. Even in times of absolute despair and anger, the hope of having a child had perched itself right inside of Josh and I. It remained there and continued to hope even when things looked impossible.

It took me a long time to fully grasp what hope truly meant. I used to use the word carelessly. I'd say things like "I hope I get to go to the mall today" or "I hope it doesn't rain tomorrow". I saw hope as something that meant "I hope it happens", but it doesn't really guarantee it to happen. After many years of struggling with the concept of hope God helped me to understand exactly what it meant. You see, you can't have real hope unless you have solid faith. Hope and faith are hand in hand. Faith is believing in something that you cannot see or touch. Faith is knowing that God can and hope is knowing that he will. Jonah is our living proof of God's true hope and faith.
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment