The Great Physician Baffels the doctors!





Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."
Matthew 19:26
We truly serve an AMAZING GOD! This last Saturday Josh, Jonah, and I were in Oregon with family for Josh's sisters wedding. That morning we decided to go to the mall with all Josh's siblings, their spouses, and children. It was so wonderful to get to spend the day with them! We sure had a blast. Well, that morning I was standing in line with Josh's brother Jesse for an orange julious when out of no where Christine (one of Josh's sisters) almost tackled me right there in line! She whispered in my ear "They approved the medicine!" For the last few weeks Josh has been going back in to his doctor for testing to see if there was new medicine that could help us. After going through a tough and expensive adoption for Jonah we decided it was best to not adopt again. Now, this is not anything to do with Jonah or the birth family. They are amazing people and I could go on and on about how wonderful and what a blessing Jonah is in our lives. We wouldn't take him back for one second! He is our joy and our miracle baby! It's what the state puts you through and it's insanely expensive! We don't think we could handle the stress for a second time. Well anyways, we want for children and after a lot of prayer we felt God was leading us to just have some test done. Before the test results came back the nurse called Josh that Saturday morning to tell him our insurance had approved the meds. With out insurance it is $2,000 out of pocket every two weeks! OUCH! Just that news alone had us in awe of God's amazing power! Little did we know that in two days we would receive a phone call that would change our lives and give us a whole new perspective of the God we serve!
Just to give you some background information.....
On June 8th 2007 we were told by an infertility specialist that we would never be able to have children. After seeking a 2nd opinion from another infertility specialist we were given a 4% chance of getting pregnant on our own and even with 4% it was highly unlikely. I remember both those days like it was yesterday. I kept telling myself a 4% chance is better than 0% and God is the great physician! A couple months later we started the meds. After 4 months of Josh being on the meds we found out, in the middle of church camp, that they were not working. They started him on some different meds after that that only improved our chance a little. To any doctor our chase looked really grim. Border line impossible! Well, let me tell you! Nothing is impossible with God! The God of all creation that heals the leper and gives sight to the blind; the same God that spoke us into existence gave us a miracle!
On Monday morning Josh called me and said "Are you sitting down?" I said, "No, I'm feeding Jonah, just tell me what you need to say". I was getting ready to brace my self for bad news (In the last 5 years when the doctor calls you from his cell, normally it's bad news). As I'm getting ready to start repeating verses in my head to help me survive whatever Josh is going to tell me I hear him say, "I have baffled the doctor's"! I start thinking to myself, what in the world does that mean? Then he continues "I am healed! I'm normal!". Well, those that know Josh, he's never been normal so we already new that! LOL!!! What Josh meant was that God had healed our infertility! The doctor's have no explanation for what has happened to Josh! As the tears feel down my cheeks I instantly felt so ashamed of my unbelief. For the last 5 years I had been asking God why and struggling with not being angry with him. In that instant God gave me clarity on why things had transpired the way they did. If we had not been infer tail we never would have gotten Jonah. If we had not miss carried we would have never gotten Jonah. If the medicine had worked we would have never gotten Jonah. If God had done what I had asked him to do, we would have never gotten our precious son Jonah! I'm crying as I write this.... I cannot imagine my life with out my son! I praise God for allowing this to happen! God's way is best! It is not to harm us, but to give us hope and a future! We serve a BIG God! I am at a loss for words from what he has done for us! I pray that I am never stupid enough to ever question him again!
So now..... BRING ON THE BABIES!!!!! Josh, Jonah, and I are so excited and are looking forward to expanding our family! I can't wait to feel a precious life grow inside me! Please keep us in your prayers as we continue to journey onward on the path God has set before us. PRAISE BE TO THE LORD MOST HIGH!
No comments:
Post a Comment