Food For Thought

"Remember to not only say the right thing at the right moment, but to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment". -Benjamin Franklin

"A soft answer turns away wrath; but grievous words stir up anger. The tongue of the wise use knowledge aright; but the mouth of fools pours out foolishness". Proverbs 15:1-2

This verse has been repeating itself in my mind all day. A lot of times when hurtful things are done and said to us we automatically want to jump to defend ourselves. In doing this, often times we say hurtful things. That saying "Sticks and stones my break my bones, but words will never hurt me," is a lie. Words do hurt. Words can impact a person for the rest of their life. I myself am VERY guilty of this. Through out my life I have been in situations were I have not always said the right thing. I blame part of it on the lack of communication between my brain and my mouth. I have also been on the receiving end of hurtful words. Some of the hurtful things that have been said to me still affect me today. I believe that God wants us to confront our brothers and sisters in Christ when we have been offended, but He wants us to say everything in love. Not in anger.

"Pride goes before destruction and a haughty spirit before a fall. Better it is to be of a humble spirit with the lowly, than to divide the spoil with the proud. He that handles a matter wisely will find good; and whoso trust in the Lord, happy is he". Proverbs 16:18-20

"Pleasant words are as a honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and adds learning to his lips". Proverbs 16:24
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment